Frequently Asked Questions
We are able to host wedding parties, reunions & more. Contact us to discuss the best way to arrange your event.
If you like sailboats, saunas & starry nights,
If you like a little wine, rocking chairs & wrap around porches,
If you like campfires, the sound of crickets & evening breeze
If your family likes getting up early, going offline and getting outdoors,
. . . then you will love Silverlaken!
If you like jet skis, cases of beer and late nights,
If you prefer highways to dirt roads and Ubers to tractors,
If you need satellite TV & high-speed internet,
. . . then we politely encourage you to seek accommodations elsewhere.
THE “NO’s” TO KNOW
- Absolutely NO SMOKING indoors.
- NO PETS allowed on property – we love pets but the insurance company doesn’t.
- Absolutely NO UNREGISTERED GUESTS – day or night.
- Absolutely NO DRUGS of any kind.
- Enjoy alcohol responsibly, absolutely NO INEBRIATION.
- NO BARE FEET outside your rental unit (on land & water) as sharp rocks, shells and leaches are occasional found in freshwater lakes of Western NY.
- NO TRASH LEFT OUTSIDE. Please leave trash in the designated trash bins to avoid bad smells and attracting unwanted animals.
For the comfort of our guest, we are serious about tranquility:
- Quiet Hours are in effect from 9 P.M. to 9 A.M.
- No loud music, raised voices or screaming kids at any hour.
- Parents should watch their children at all times.
- Bluetooth speakers and similar devices are not to be used inside or outside during quiet hours.
In advance of your booking, so that you are familiar with the estate, its infrastructure and rules, please visit this page to download “Important Notes for Guests” which covers the following items:
Welcome letter from your hosts
History of the Silverlaken estate & the Silver Lake Sea Serpent
Map & Parking
Covid Related Items/ Medical
The “No’s” To Know & Quiet Hours
Bedding & Housekeeping
Check In & Check Out
Trash & Recycling
Solar Power/ Electric
Shared Spaces: Sauna, Firepits & Campfire Wood
Special Notes for Water Activities: Boats/ Docks/Fishing
Farmland/ Wild Animals/ Mosquitoes & Poison Ivy
Things to see & do nearby: Letchworth Park, Village of Perry, Public Beach
Groceries & Where to eat near Silverlaken
Sunday Church Service
Unique/Local Gifts & Souvenirs
Kid Friendly Places
Silverlaken is minutes away from Letchworth park and much more. See "Things to do nearby".
Read about the history of the Silverlaken Estate