Frequently Asked Questions
Registered guests are warmly welcome to use the following infrastructure (free of charge) found in the common area:n
- Sauna will re-open after Covid.
- Campfire pits
- BBQ grills & picnic areas
- Outdoor kitchen – coming soon in 2021!
- Horseshoes & tetherball
- Watercraft, Swimming & Fishing
Visit here for an overview of the infrastructure, including boat rentals, sauna, campfires and much more.
If you like sailboats, saunas & starry nights,
If you like a little wine, rocking chairs & wrap around porches,
If you like campfires, the sound of crickets & evening breeze
If your family likes getting up early, going offline and getting outdoors,
. . . then you will love Silverlaken!
If you like jet skis, cases of beer and late nights,
If you prefer highways to dirt roads and Ubers to tractors,
If you need satellite TV & high-speed internet,
. . . then we politely encourage you to seek accommodations elsewhere.
THE “NO’s” TO KNOW
- Absolutely NO SMOKING indoors.
- NO PETS allowed on property – we love pets but the insurance company doesn’t.
- Absolutely NO UNREGISTERED GUESTS – day or night.
- Absolutely NO DRUGS of any kind.
- Enjoy alcohol responsibly, absolutely NO INEBRIATION.
- NO BARE FEET outside your rental unit (on land & water) as sharp rocks, shells and leaches are occasional found in freshwater lakes of Western NY.
- NO TRASH LEFT OUTSIDE. Please leave trash in the designated trash bins to avoid bad smells and attracting unwanted animals.
Quiet Hours For the comfort of our guest, we are serious about tranquility:
- Quiet Hours are in effect from 9 P.M. to 9 A.M.
- No loud music, raised voices or screaming kids at any hour.
- Parents should watch their children at all times.
- Bluetooth speakers and similar devices are not to be used inside or outside during quiet hours.
In advance of your booking, so that you are familiar with the estate, its infrastructure and rules, please visit this page to download “Important Notes for Guests” which covers the following items:
- Welcome letter from your hosts
- History of the Silverlaken estate & the Silver Lake Sea Serpent
- Map & Parking
- Covid Related Items/ Medical
- The “No’s” To Know & Quiet Hours
- Bedding & Housekeeping
- Check In & Check Out
- Trash & Recycling
- Solar Power/ Electric
- Shared Spaces: Sauna, Firepits & Campfire Wood
- Special Notes for Water Activities: Boats/ Docks/Fishing Drinking Water Farmland/ Wild Animals/ Mosquitoes & Poison Ivy
- Things to see & do nearby: Letchworth Park, Village of Perry, Public Beach
- Groceries & Where to eat near Silverlake
- Sunday Church Service
- Unique/Local Gifts & Souvenirs
- Kid Friendly Places
- Bike Maps
Silverlaken is minutes away from Letchworth park and much more. See "Things to do, see and eat nearby".
Silverlaken is an ideal option for groups wishing to stay together in a private setting at a single location. The 5-acre site with 430 feet of lake frontage is large enough to comfortably house bigger groups, yet the professionally designed landscaping, with heavy emphasis on green buffer zones, fosters a sense of privacy among the rental units and within the neighborhood.nnWeddings, reunions, corporate training, church fellowship and other events are warmly welcome, but please note:
- Preference is given to groups who stay a full week.
- Groups that return each year on the same date are given top preference.
- Groups wishing to book the estate during the peak season holidays are advise to book at least 12 months in advance.
- We are serious about quiet hours, so Silverlaken is not the place to host a party.
- The entire Estate should be booked if you wish to host an event on-site. Book well in advance to ensure your date is available. Your private group will have full access to the infrastructure as no other groups will be on-site during your dates.
- To ensure the infrastructure is not stressed, all guests should be registered in advance, even if not spending the night.
- The group size is constrained by parking, restrooms and other infrastructure issues.
- Guest are not allowed to bring their own tents or RV’s.
- Additional deposits and cleaning fees may be applicable.
Contact us to discuss the best way to arrange your event.
Click here to learn about the history, ownership, renovations, environmental stewardship and much more.
Yes, but probably not the monster you have in mind. Check out the facts here.
Generally speaking, direct bookings are 8 to 12% less than booking via Airbnb. But direct bookings have a much stricter refund policy and require a small security deposit.
The Airbnb algorithm adjusts prices up or down based on supply and demand at any given time. Direct booking rates are fixed in advance for the peak, high and low seasons.
It is possible to find a last minute deal if you book via Airbnb, but if you wait until the last minute and there is an event in town or holiday, the Airbnb rates could be significantly higher.
Guests with bookings made via Airbnb will enjoy the same access to Silverlaken Infrastructure and receive the same high level of customer service from Silverlaken staff.